All the controllers for the microscope are grouped in the small cabinet under the instrument table. The items for the environmental control chamber are on top of the instrument.
From top to Button: Microscope controller. Control computer, General Power supply (white main switch), Laser controller.
The numbers on the green squares indicate the order in which the switches have to be powered on
- main switch (#1)
- switch on the microscope controller (#2)
- switch on the computer (#3)
- switch on the lasers (if needed for FRAP/TIRF)
- authenticate with your university user account
- start the SoftWoRx program
- click File > Acquire Resolve 3D > Initialize
Shut down protocol
- transfer your data
- quit the SoftWoRx program
- shut down the computer (via start button in the lower left in the screen)
- switch off the microscope controller (#2). Press once, then wait for the system to shutdown (takes about a minute)
- switch off the laser module
- Once the micrscope controller and the computer are switched off (check LED’s) turn of the main switch (#1)
Careful: The dichroic mirrors are not software controlled (the drop-down menu is purely indicative). The mirrors have to be changed manually: open the door on the incubator on the bottom left, the filter wheel is just beneath of the objective solenoid.
Please do not store data in your home folder (meaning not on the Desktop, Documents, Picutures folders of your account). Instead you should find a folder “data1″ on the Desktop. This is a link to the attached 2TB storage. Here you can create your own folder and save the data there to take the measurments.
Currently there is only the standard solution to get your data from the instrument: bring your external USB-drive.
To establish a connection to a file server proceed as follows:
- Start button > Home (to launch the Conqueror application for file system browsing)
- type the adress of the server in the adress bar and hit enter (see picture bellow)
The address has to be of the form smb://<server name>/<path>
- use your UniFr credentials to authenticate