Core Module: European and Global Business
The core of the programme is the module “European and Global Business” in which you have to obtain at least 27 ECTS (i.e. take about 6 courses). All courses in this module have a focus on international business. Here, only courses in English language are listed, however, additional courses in German or French are offered.
Two courses are strongly recommended for the module, namely:
- Fundamentals of International Management
- Managerial Aspects of European and Global Integration
Other courses that can be accredited towards the core module are (selection):
- Intercultural Management (E. Davoine)
- Transnational Enterprises in Global Societies (P. Dembinski)
- Strategic Value Creation (M. Hilb)
- Managing the Multinational Network (D. Morschett)
- European Marketing (D. Morschett)
- Advanced Seminar in European Business (D. Morschett)
- Study Trip to India (D. Morschett)
- Globalization, Income Distribution, and Economic Growth (V. Grossmann)
- SME in the Global Value Chain (P. Dembinski)
For the currently valid list, you should check the faculty’s website.
In addition, the University of Fribourg cooperates in the BeNeFri-network with the neighbouring universities of Berne and Neuchatel. Courses from their course lists can also be taken and can – after permission by the programme responsibles – be accredited towards the optional modules of the Master of Arts in International and European business.