The University of Fribourg takes the specific needs of disabled students into account during their university studies. It offers support for questions of access to buildings, accommodation or disability adjustments in relation to studies and exams.
The Head of Studies&Disability issues, Mrs. Nathalie Lambert, is at the disposal of disabled students to provide preliminary, personalised advice.
Disabled students are asked to declare their disability when applying online using the Application for Disability Adjustments form.
Procedure for submitting an application for disability adjustments
1. Please complete and sign the Application for Disability Adjustments form, which is available on Inscruni when you apply online.
2. Attach a recent medical certificate (no more than 3 months old).
3. Send the two documents required to process your application for disability adjustments to the Head of Studies&Disability, Ms Nathalie Lambert, as soon as possible at the address below.
4. Your application for disability adjustments will be processed first of all by the Head of Studies&Disability who will contact you to arrange an appointment.
5. Your application will then be forwarded to the respective Faculty.
6. The Faculty will let you know what action will be taken in relation to your application.
Persons and organisations in charge of handling student disability-related issues
The student’s specific needs will be discussed in an interview after reception of the application for disability adjustments. As a general rule, the Head of Studies&Disability will take charge of logistics issues concerning access to university buildings (use of stairlifts and other lifts), lecture theatres, parking spaces and other facilities.
The faculties will decide as to the disability adjustments related to studies and examinations.
The Apartis Foundation for student accommodation is at students’ disposal for all questions concerning lodgings.
Association for the hearing impaired, Fribourg (page in French)
Swiss Federation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (page in German or in French)
AGILE Switzerland (page in German or French)
Forum Handicap Fribourg (page in French)
Av. de l'Europe 20
+41 26 300 70 14