The booking of equipment is done on Open IRIS. The overview of all the instruments can be found on the scheduler webapp. The instrument list will reveal itself once you logged-in with your UNIFR credentials.
For each instrument, there are also direct links to their booking calendar via Menu > Instruments > [Instrument Category] > [Instrument Name] > Booking.
The key functions in the booking system can be accessed via icons on the resource panels. Bellow are the most important ones:
|Open a window with detailed information|
|Make this resource a favorite (for filtering, easy access)|
|Request training for a resource/instrument|
|Book a resource (visible after completed training)|
|Report an issue (visible after completed training)|
For more detailed instructions please visite the official documentation. How to book a resource is a good topic to start.
- All facility users have to take a training session with facility staff for any given instrument they intend to use (contact).
- Every user books his/her own slots.
- During office hours – Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 – the following applies:
- An oh-slot (office hour slot) has, for counting purposes, a max. duration of 4 hours. E.g. single oh-slots are 9:00-13:00, 13:00-17:00 but also 7:00-12:00. A reservation from 8:00- 13:30 would count as two oh-slots.
- At any given time you are allowed max. three upcoming oh-slots.
- If possible avoid several slots during office hours on one single day.
- Outside of the office hours there is no limitation for the duration of the reservation slots.
- Cancellation must be done before your booked slot has started. Once the slot started you will be charged for the full slot.
- If you finish your session earlier than booked, please let the next user know or by letting the interest group know via mailing list.