- power on the microscopy control panel
- make sure the lamp for transmitted light is switched on
- startup the computer
- launch Micro-Manager (black icon on the desktop, or via start menu)
- select the Leica_MZ_16_FA.cfg in the splash screen
Shut Down Protocol
make sure you transferred your data on a server usb-stick or somewhere else than the microscopes computer (user data gets erased from the hard-disk regularly).
If you or a colleague is going to use the microscope in the next 5-10 minutes, just log out of the computer and don’t turn anything off…
- shut down the computer
- use the switch on the back of the Leitz microscope controler to turn off the microscope
Remark: When exiting MM it takes a moment, don’t get nervous…
Alternative Image Acquisition Software
Alternativeley you can use the (old) way by launching “FastStone Image Viewer” that also has a shortcut on the Desktop. To acquire an image go to; File>Acquire Images From Scanner (or simply press ctrl+B). The rest should be self expanatory.