Conferences and Courses on Microeconomics of Competitiveness
The Center for Competitiveness organize or co-organize conferences on issues related to competitiveness.
On October the 8th, 2018, the Center co-organized the 2018 OECD Symposium with the SECO (State Secretariat for Economic Affairs) and the OECD (organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development).
Please find hereafter the complete program, all the presentations and the pictures of the 2018 OECD Symposium:
- I. Program;
- II. 1. "Going Digital - Making the Transformation Work in Switzerland", Dirk Pilat, Deputy Director, OECD;
- II. 2. "Accelerating Sustainable Digital Transformation of Nations through nurturing ICT centric Innovation Ecosystems", Mohamed Ba, Head of Innovation Division, ITU;
- II. 3. "Digital Economy, innovation and competition", Antonio Capobianco, Competition Division, OECD;
- II. 4. "Le pouvoir des algorithmes: leurs implications pour la politique de la concurrence", Andreas Heinemann, Président de la Commission de la Concurrence (COMCO);
- III. Pictures of the OECD Symposium.
Another important task of the Center for Competitiveness is to conduct Microeconomics of Competitivess (MOC) courses in collaboration with the ISC of the Harvard Business School. These courses are also operated in collaboration with several important universities located around the world.
At the University of Fribourg, Prof. Dr. Philippe Gugler conducts:
- 1 Master Course each year (1 semester);
- 1 Executive Course each year (2 full days).