Major Programme (90 ECTS)
The major programme of the Master n Communication and Media Research comprises 90 ECTS and usually lasts three to four semesters. Students have the opportunity to specialise in one of three core areas that will also be noted on their diploma:
- Module A: "Media, Politics, and the Economy"
- Module B: "Journalism and Organizational Communication"
- Module C: "Media Use and Effects"
In each of the modules A, B, and C, one term paper must be written - either in a short (6 ECTS) or in a long (9 ECTS) version. At least one long term paper is required to complete the studies. If the long term paper and the master thesis are written in the same module, the name of this module will be mentioned on the diploma as a specialization of the Master.
- Basic module "Theories, Methods, and Research Fields"
Core modules A/B/C
Total: 39 ECTS from all three modules (2 x 12 + 1 x 15)
Module "Inter- and Transdisciplinary Perspectives"
- Electives from the entire programme of the university (except language courses) and optionally one internship (4-8 weeks: 3 ECTS; 8 weeks and more: 6 ECTS)
Total: 12 ECTS
- Module "Master Thesis"