The UniFR_ESH Institute is steered by the institute council. It is managed under the direction of the chair in environmental humanities. The research group in environmental humanities coordinates all research on questions of sustainability at the University of Fribourg and it is responsible for the education at all levels in environmental sciences and humanities.
UniFR_ESH Institute Council
The institute council consists of the director of the institute as well as five professors, who represent the five faculties. The academic staff and the students are represented by one person each. The presidency of the institute is currently held by Sven Bacher and the vice-presidency by Clémence Grisel.
The institute council meets once a semester. Its tasks and competences include
- the smooth running of the institute
- taking the strategic decisions of the institute (on advice of the director)
- supporting the director in finding financial support for the institute
- granting the budgetary plans as well as cooperation contracts with other institutes
- electing the president of the institute council
- proposing the study programs