Become a mentee in the next program edition
We have selected 24 mentees from the EPFL and the Universities of Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, and Neuchâtel for the 2019-2020 edition.
The mentoring program is for advanced female doctoral, postdoctoral and researchers just before transitioning to professorship. We are seeking for each mentee a mentor who normally is a professor in a Swiss university.
The 10th edition will take place from April 2019 to December 2020.
Four meetings bring together mentees and mentors on a regular basis. These meetings allow mentees and mentors to intensify contacts, exchange on their experiences of mentoring in separate and joint workshops, and their expectations and questions related to the network. During these group meetings several transversal skills workshops are organized. The events will be held in French and English. The exchange with the programme coordinator is also possible in German.
The group meetings will take place on the following dates:
- August 23rd, 2019, at the University of Fribourg
- October 18th, 2019, at the University of Geneva
- April 24th, 2020, at the University of Neuchâtel
- December 4th, 2020, at the University of Lausanne
- Either be finishing a doctorate (end expected in 2019), be employed as a postdocor or be transitioning to professorship at one the partner universities (Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel) or the EPFL.
In addition, evaluation criteria focus on the motivation of the candidates to participate in the Réseau romand, their experience as a researcher and their professional project.
Participation as a mentee implies that you:
- Are engaged in your research field and wish to pursue an academic career
- Wish to reflect on your academic position and career by regularly exchanging with your mentor
- Participate actively in networking with other women researchers who are part of the Réseau romand
What we offer
- An individual mentoring program (“one-to-one”) with 4 group meetings
- The mentoring relationship is based on the application and the mentees needs and wishes
- The mentee and mentor sign an agreeement that defines their mentoring relation terms, the frequency of their meetings and their collaboration goals.
- The program coordination provides documentation on mentoring and support for the mentoring relationship according to need
- Several transversal skills workshops are offered on the group meeting days
- Mentees and mentors will be able to exchange with other participants of the Réseau romand on their mentoring experience
- Meetings with researches who share the same goals