- since 2018: PhD student, University of Fribourg
- 2012-2018: BSc and MSc studies, Heidelberg University
- Igneous and metamorphic petrology
- Stable isotope geochemistry (Fe, O)
- Accessory mineral geochronology (baddeleyite, zircon)
- Paleozoic tectonics
In my PhD project I focus on the Fe isotope systematics of eclogites and other high-pressure metamorphic rocks in the Münchberg Massif (Germany). Eclogites have experienced a complex history of igneous protolith formation, low-temperature alteration, high-pressure metamorphism in the subducting slab and retrogression. By applying various geochemical and petrologic methods, I try to identify which of these processes are most important for their Fe isotope composition. Further scopes of my project are geochemical cycling and inter-mineral Fe isotope fractionation during the subduction zone metamorphism.