Information for researchers
In agreement with the supervisors/heads of units/groups, teleworking may continue to be used for research activities that can be carried out remotely. Where necessary and/or appropriate, presence on university premises is possible, in particular for activities requiring physical presence. It is the responsibility of the supervisors / heads of units/groups to draw up attendance and prevention plans for their own employees and other persons (especially students) for which they are responsible. The general rules as well as the rules for persons at risk must always be respected (according to the General rules on prevention).
In addition, once again, the following principles are strongly recommended:
- Occupation of usually two workplaces (offices, workshops, etc.), in order to guarantee a distance of 1.5 metres;
- Alternation of people working in a given room, while always maintaining the same groups, in order to limit contacts between colleagues;
- Staggered work schedules to avoid peak hours;
- In the event of an activity requiring a presence within two meters of another person or an exchange of equipment (computer, key, etc.) or for persons at risk, personal protective equipment (masks and/or disinfectant) can be ordered and purchased from the Central laboratory service (SciMed-shop) or the central material shop at Miséricorde.
The Rectorate plans to extend expiring fixed-term contracts of researchers financed by the university's regular budget in cases where the termination of employment due to the COVID 19 crisis has serious consequences for those concerned (e.g. because they were unable to advance their PhD thesis as intended). Since the individual constellations in this regard vary greatly, the Rectorate asks those affected to contact the faculty and the Rectorate together with their superiors or to draft the corresponding applications.
17.04.2020 - Updates on new Covid 19 calls
Launch of National Research Programme (NRP) "Covid-19"
The SNSF is launching on behalf of the Federal Council a special National Research Programme (NRP) "Covid-19". This special programme will aim to generate recommendations for overcoming the corona crisis in Switzerland,
The call will be open between 30 April and 25 May 2020.
17.04.2020 - AXA Research Fund
Exceptional Flash call: Mitigating risk in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Topics Focus (applications only in English):
- Protecting vulnerable populations from epidemics and catastrophes, including COVID-19
- Improving data collection and quality in health
- Understanding the effects of confinement and social distancing
- Early warning and preparedness
- Preserving the environment and our health
Eligibility: 6-10 years after PhD
Deadline: 7 May 2020
IMPORTANT: only one candidate per Department, so has to be coordinated.
01.04.2020 - Updates from the SNSF
SNSF has launched two websites regarding the corona-related situation. They aim to clarify questions the researchers might have, such as: new deadlines, salaries, adherence to timetables and budgets and more. Those pages are being regularly updated.
25.03.2020 - Updates Concerning H2020 Policies
In relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, new Horizon 2020 FAQs have been posted.
19.03.2020 - Important Notices for Researchers
Concerning your running and future SNF projects, please refer to the website of the SNF where detailed information, e.g. about possible prolongations, and possible deadline changes are advertised.
The Research Council meetings take place as planned, just virtually, hence no delays in decisions are to be expected in the current situation.
Extension of deadlines in Horizon 2020 (not for IMI and EIC-SME). Detailed information on the Funding & Tenders Portal.
Innosuisse has not planned any changes in procedures so far. They are, However, open to adjustments on a case-by-case basis.
Innosuisse advises to check with the academic's partner industries if there are problems meeting the deadlines, in which case the industries should ask Innosuisse for a deadline change.
For more information please consult the Innosuisse page