Open Positions avaible in Physics Department
The Photonic Nanosystems group led by Prof. Dr. Guillermo Acuna at the Physics Department of the University of Fribourg, Switzerland is currently offering:
PhD positions (100%) in the fields of Nanophotonics and DNA Nanotechnology
We are an interdisciplinary group interested in developing techniques to control and manipulate light at the nanoscale. We focus on the fabrication and characterization of optical nano-antennas using biomolecular self-assembly, exploiting the DNA origami technique. We envision a wide variety of applications ranging from optical communication, light-matter interactions at the strong coupling regime, novel super-resolution techniques and bio-sensing.
- Master degree in physics, chemistry or material science
- Highly self-motivated person
- Good communication skills in english (oral and written) are mandatory (good knowledge of French or german are a plus)
- Scientific work in an interdisciplinary environment on cutting edge of biology, chemistry, physics and material science
- Possibility to study single photonic sources as well as to work on next-generation biosensors/devices
- Extremely competitive salary (see http://www.unifr.ch/phd/en/faq for further details)
- Electronic applications in one single PDF including:
- Letter of motivation and CV
- Contact details of 2-3 references
Applications will be reviewed starting April, 15st, 2019, with the intent to conclude until the positions are filled. The positions are available from August 2019.
For further information about the group please visit our website.
Applications via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. rer nat. Guillermo Pedro Acuna
University of Fribourg
Department of Physics/Photonic Nanosystems
Chemin de Musée 3