European Programmes for Research and Innovation
Enterprizes based in the Cantons of Fribourg and Valais can get advice and support for their participation in the European Research Programme from the Euresearch Promotion Service of the University of Fribourg, via the Euresearch Regional Office.
The European Framework Programme for Innovation and Research (Horizon 2020) encourages SME participation across the whole programme, with a particular focus on close-to-market support.
Switzerland participates as an associated country in Horizon 2020. This gives the Swiss researchers and enterprises the same rights as their European partners. Companies and SME can participate in the different thematic sub-programmes, or, in the specially designed measures for SME under the European Innovation Council.
The main European RDI opportunities solutions for companies are summerized on the following Euresearch homepage:
The following quick links allow for direct access to some specially relevant information
- Horizon 2020 including the programmes of the European Innovation Council Pilot
- Joint Technology Initiatives (JTI)
- Eureka initiatives
- AAL- Active and assisted Living
- Competitive calls and calls for third parties
- Other European programmes
Swiss companies can also benefit from free services
- Partnering services
- Enterprise Europe Network
- European IPR HelpDesk
- Practical guide to doing buisness in Europe
- Buisness acceleration services for companies funded by European Innovation Council