Resources for doctoral students
Here, you will find a list of resources available for doctoral students.
Furthering your education
- University course directory As a student at our University, you can register for many classes at our Faculty and others.
- Language Center The Language center of the University offers French, German and English classes at all levels.
- CUSO doctoral programs. The CUSO doctoral programs are free. Classes take place at various Universities, and they can help you develop both your field-specific and soft skills.
- Didactics The didactics center offers courses to improve your teaching skills, as well as coaching opportunities.
- Career Services The career services of the University offer workshops, advice, CV-checking and more.
- Equal opportunities commission The commission for equal opportunities offers coaching and round table discussions about career planning, family and science, job-sharing,...
- University sports Being registered at the University gives you access to all University sport offers.
- Chaplaincies The catholic and protestant chaplaincies offer various courses and programs, from meditation to mandalas. These activities are open to all, regardless of religious background.
- Psychological counseling service This service offers workshops about time-management stress, and more, as well as affordable in-person therapy consultations.
- Daycare The university daycare is available to students and employees.
- Mediation office In case of difficulties with a supervisor, the mediation office can assist in finding solutions.
- Unisocial This service offers financial, administrative and juridic support to the students of the University.
- Disability Contact the office for studies and disability if you need accessibility adaptations.
- Software Through the University, you can obtain free or discounted software for private use (Adobe Cloud, Microsoft Office,...).
- Neptun Project Through this project, you can buy computers at a discounted price (open twice a year)
The reference persons in your department can help with questions about the University, but also about life in Switzerland.
Pamphlet about your rights and obligations edited by the canton.