The Pavillon is a space for conferences, seminars, festivities, meetings, and discussions for the members of the Faculty of the University.
- Multiusage room (70 m2) for 50 people max
- 30 seats (tables and chairs for 30 and armchairs for 12)
- Swedish stove
- kitchen: stove with 2 plates, microwave, fridge, coffee machine, dishwasher
- glasses for 50 people, dishes for 30 people
- wheelchair accessible bathroom
- beamer, projector, screen, flipchart
Priority for reservation of the PAVILLON VERT is given to activities related to academia.
The PAVILLON VERT cannot be used for profit. The Dean's office can refuse to rent the Pavillon, and no appeal is possible.
Academic activities Mixed activities Private activities Members of the Faculty of Science and Medicine 10.– 50.– 100.– Other members of the University 50.– 100.– 200.– Outside persons 100.– 200.– –
- No smoking.
- No candles.
- No raclette or cheese fondue.
- No common food products are available (salt, sugar, coffee...).
- The rooms, including the bathroom and kitchen, must be cleaned. Cleaning products are available. Garbage must be disposed of.
- Damages must be announced and will be billed. A list of dishes is present in the kitchen.
- Furniture cannot be moved out of the Pavillon Vert.
- Children cannot play in the Botanical Garden without monitoring.
- The Botanical Garden does not allow barbecuing in front of the le Pavillon vert.
A deposit of CHF 100 is required. It will be returned if no material is missing and no damage is found. The Key can be collected at the Dean's office o the Faculty of Science and medicine. This key also opens the gate of the Botanical Garden. Outside of opening hours of the Botanical Garden, users are responsible for closing the gate of the Botanical Garden.
- In 2000, Mrs. Mach-Gaensslen donated CHF 100'000 to the Faculty of Science for a project of its choosing.
- For the use of this money, the Faculty collected projects.
- The winning project suggested the renovation of the Pavillon in the Botanical Garden in order to turn it into a meeting room that can be used for seminars, discussions and special event and celebrations. The project was named «PAVILLON VERT».
- A commission made of representatives of the University buildings service and of members of the Faculty elaborated the Plan in 2003.
- The furniture, appliances, and tableware was acquired thanks to the generous support of additional donors for 40000.-
- The PAVILLON VERT was inaugurated on the 15th of October 2004