The Pavillon is a space for conferences, seminars, festivities, meetings, and discussions for the members of the Faculty of the University.
Details about booking, prices, and usage rules are found in the Directivesdocument.
- Multiusage room (70 m2) for 50 people max
- 30 seats (tables and chairs for 30 and armchairs for 12)
- Swedish stove
- kitchen: stove with 2 plates, microwave, fridge, coffee machine, dishwasher
- glasses for 50 people, dishes for 30 people
- wheelchair accessible bathroom
- beamer, projector, screen, flipchart
- In 2000, Mrs. Mach-Gaensslen donated CHF 100'000 to the Faculty of Science for a project of its choosing.
- For the use of this money, the Faculty collected projects.
- The winning project suggested the renovation of the Pavillon in the Botanical Garden in order to turn it into a meeting room that can be used for seminars, discussions and special event and celebrations. The project was named «PAVILLON VERT».
- A commission made of representatives of the University buildings service and of members of the Faculty elaborated the Plan in 2003.
- The furniture, appliances, and tableware was acquired thanks to the generous support of additional donors for 40000.-
- The PAVILLON VERT was inaugurated on the 15th of October 2004