To register to study at our University, follow the procedures at the Admissions and registration services.
Below, find information about registration to courses, exams, and minors. For questions about these topics, please contact the reference persons of the corresponding domain.
Semester dates and registration deadlines for classes
You are strongly encouraged to register for the classes you are interested in following. This will ensure that you have enough spaces in classes with a limited number of participants.
Online registration is open for 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester. Following this, you can still make changes (canceling a registration, late registration for BENEFRI students,...) for 8 weeks.
Academic year 2019-2020
Fall semester 2019 Spring semester 2020 Beginning and end of classes 16.09.2019 – 20.12.2019 17.02.2020 – 29.05.2020 Registration period 26.08.2019 – 20.09.2019 27.01.2020 – 21.02.2020 Changes and late registrations 21.09.2019 – 15.11.2019 22.02.2020 – 03.04.2020
Procedure for registration to classes
- Log in to your student protal.
- Select Student space Studies Classes.
- Select Register to classes and follow the prompts.
- In order to register for a teaching unit, you must have been registered during the previous semester or have paid your tuition fee for the new semester.
- Registration to class is important because it facilitates the registration for exams and makes registering your results easier for the people in charge.
- To avoid any problems, it is advised to check the data relative to minors and changes of study field in the portal.
- If you follow a personalized study plan, it is possible that some courses do not appear in the offer list. In this case, select "Register outside of study plan" and explain why you are registering to this class. Please note that if you do not provide an explanation, your registration might be denied.
- If you decide to not follow a class after registering, please cancel your registration.
Exam sessions and registration deadlines
Registration to exams is mandatory and does not automatically happen if you are registered to a class.
Registration to exams is open for 3 weeks. Please remember the deadlines.
Dates of 2020 exam sessions
Spring Summer Fall Registration* 25.11.19 – 13.12.19 13.04.20 – 01.05.20 06.07.20 – 24.07.20 Publication 13.01.20 – 14.02.20 18.05.20 – 19.06.20 10.08.20 – 11.09.20 Exams 27.01.20 – 14.02.20 02.06.20 – 19.06.20 24.08.20 – 11.09.20 Results by 28.02.20 by 03.07.20 by 18.09.20 Canceling
2) by postal mail:
3) to the Dean:
18.01.20 – 14.02.20
23.05.20 – 19.06.20
15.08.20 – 11.09.20
*No more registrations passed this date.
Information about the registration procedure
- Log in to your student portal
- Select Student space Exams/results Exams.
- Select Register to exams and follow the prompts
You can cancel exam registrations as follows:
- On the student portal until the date 1)
- By written postal mail to the Dean's office, without justification, until the date 2)
- By written postal mail to the Dean of the Faculty with a justification (original medical certificate, death of a loved one) until date 3) The Deans decides whether the request is granted.
- Written requests must be sent by postal mail, dated and signed and must contain the student ID number and the code of the teaching unit.
Results cannot be canceled after an exam has been done.
Teaching units are examined 2 or 3 times per year.
You are allowed a second attempt if the grade is below 4.
You must be registered to the semester in order to register for an exam.
If you have not properly registered your minor, you may run into trouble when registering for exams. Check that your minor information is correct in the student portal.
- If you have a personalized study program, some classes might not appear on the list. In this case, register "out of study plan" and explain the reason for your registration. If you do not give an explanation, your registration might be denied.
- If you have questions or problems, please contact the Dean's office.
Deadline for registration to minors
Beginning of the first year of study on the 15th of September (changes to be announced before the 15h of November) for:
- Bachelor of Science in mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in computer sciences
- Bachelor of Science in geography
- Bachelor of Science in teaching at secondary level I
15th of May of the first year of study for:
- Bachelor of Science in physics
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in earth sciences
- Bachelor of Science in biology
- Bachelor of Science in biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in sport and movement sciences, teaching option
15th of May of the second year of study for:
- Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences
- Log in to your student portal
- Select Studies Studies Program and follow the prompts
For all minors, except industrial chemistry:
I. Registering for one or multiple minors:
II. Changing one or multiple minors:
- For the minor in industrial chemistry: register by email to the Dean's office.
For questions relating to the choices of studies, please contact the study advisors.
For administrative questions, contact the Dean's office.