For the recognition of diplomas and partial studies, the recognition of previously completed studies or for exceptions to regulations or study plans, requests can be submitted to the Commission for students' requests. This commission examines the requests and issues a recommendation to the Faculty council.
The commission meets every six weeks during the semester and regularly between semesters.
The Commission for students' requests handles the cases of people who are registered or who have requested registration at the University of Fribourg.
A request file must contain:
- your registration number (SIUS number, for students registered in Switzerland), first and last name;
- a dated and signed letter explaining the object of the request;
- official proof of the credits that have been obtained with the signature and the official stamp of the issuing institution (except if the credits were acquired at the Faculty of science and medicine);
- any other official file that may help with handling the request;
- a resume is recommended.
In case you request the recognition of previous studies, you must enclose information relating to the completed program (course descriptions, number of hours, credits,...)
Any request must arrive by two weeks before the commission meeting. If this deadline is passed, the request will be considered at the following commission meeting.
Commission des requêtes
Faculté des sciences et de médecine
Ch. du Musée 8
To preserve medical confidentiality, any request based on medical reasons must be addressed to the Dean directly. The Dean handles these requests on their own.
Dates for 2019-2020
Submission deadline Commission meeting Date of decision* Fall semester 2019 14.06.2019 24.06.2019 23.09.2019 26.07.2019 05.08.2019 23.09.2019 16.08.2019 26.08.2019 23.09.2019 02.09.2019 16.09.2019 23.09.2019 14.10.2019 28.10.2019 04.11.2019 25.11.2019 09.12.2019 16.12.2019 Spring semester 2020 03.02.2020 17.02.2020 24.02.2020 16.03.2020 30.03.2020 06.04.2020 04.05.2020 18.05.2020 25.05.2020
* In certain cases the commission can make decisions independently.
Between semesters, the decisions are communicated earlier, but they have to be validated by the Faculty council.