Admission without recognised qualification (30+)
Submitting a 30+ application to the faculty
The faculties offer a specific admission procedure to people aged 30 or more, who do not hold a diploma allowing an admission to the University of Fribourg.
I wish to submit a 30+ application:
All 30+ applications must be submitted to the relevant faculty, and not to the Office for Admissions and Registration, who have no information on this matter.
Semesters and lecture periods
Academic year 2019 – 2020 :
Autumn semester 2019
01.08.2019 – 31.01.2020
16.09.2019 – 20.12.2019
Spring semester 2020
01.02.2020 – 31.07.2020
17.02.2020 – 29.05.2020
Procedure and costs of an application with the Office for Admissions and Registration
After obtaining the 30+ Faculty endorsement, applicants must register online with the Office for Admissions and Registration in order to finalise the admission procedure.
Online applications through Inscruni are aimed exclusively at people who are not currently registered at the UniFR. If you are currently registered at the UniFR and have an active MyUnifr account, you must on no account apply through Inscruni.
1. Courses on offer
2. Submitting a 30+ application to the faculty
As a 30+ candidate, you must submit an application to the relevant faculty and fulfil its requirements; if the faculty gives its approval, you will receive the 30+ Faculty endorsement, which is compulsory to be admitted to the University of Fribourg by the Office for Admissions and Registration.
3. Deadlines to apply online with the Office for Admissions and Registration
After receiving the 30+ Faculty endorsement, you must apply online within the following periods:
- Application period: 1 February - 30 April
- Late application period (specific conditions): 1 Mai - 31 August
- Application period: 1 September - 30 November
- Late application period (specific conditions): 1 December - 31 January
Please note that no exception will be made regarding deadlines.
Some degree programmes are subject to specific procedures and/or registration periods. Further information can be found in the section "Degree programmes submitted to specific procedures".
4. Applying online with the Office for Admissions and Registration
The validation of the online application must be done within the deadlines mentioned under section 3.
We recommend applying as early as possible as the processing of an application for admission takes several weeks.
Note: please select the following fields when applying online:
- Type of admission requested : "Student"
- Current level of studies: "Upper Secondary School-leaving diploma obtained or in progress"
- Planned studies: "Bachelor"
- Previous studies, type of diploma: "30+ Faculty endorsement"
5. Payment of the application fee
The application fee can be payed directly by credit card or with an invoice that can be downloaded after validating the online application.
- Online application fee: CHF 50.-
- Administrative fee for late online applications (1 Feb-31 Aug and 1 Dec-31 Jan): + CHF 50.-
The online application fees are to be paid in addition to the faculty’s 30+ application fee.
Only applications for which the application fee has been paid will be processed.
The application fee cannot be reimbursed nor carried over to another semester, even in the case of an inaccurate, withdrawn or refused application for admission.
All banking and exchange fee costs must be borne by the customer.
6. Sending documents to the Office for Admissions and Registration
Once the online application validated, a personalised list of the documents to be submitted will be available on your Inscruni account. All the documents listed are essential to the processing of your application for admission and must be sent within the given deadline.
Only applications that have been completed in full will be processed.
7. Processing of the application for admission and decision
Once we have received the required documents, your application will be processed and a decision will be sent by post.
No information regarding the status of your application for admission will be given by e-mail or by phone.
Degree programmes submitted to specific conditions
Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Language Therapy
Bachelor of Arts Special Education and Social Pedagogy
Bachelor of Science in Sport Sciences and Motor Control
- Online application deadline: 30 April, no late applications for admission
- Additional conditions: physical and motor skills test
- Compulsory registration to the test with the Department
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
Online application deadline: 30 April, no late applications for admission
Degree programmes beginning only in the autumn semester