Studies and Disability
The University of Fribourg takes the specific needs of disabled students into account during their university studies. It offers support for questions of access to buildings, accommodation or disability adjustments in relation to studies and exams.
The Head of Studies&Disability issues, Mrs. Nathalie Lambert, is at the disposal of disabled students to provide preliminary, personalised advice.
Disabled students are asked to declare their disability when applying online using the Application for Disability Adjustments form.
Procedure for submitting an application for disability adjustments
- Please complete the Application for Disability Adjustments form, which is available on Inscruni when you apply online.
- Send the documents required to process your application for disability adjustments to the Head of Studies&Disability, Ms Nathalie Lambert, as soon as possible at the address below.
List of documents required to process your application
A. The Application for Disability Adjustments form. B. A recent medical certificate (dated 3 months ago or less). The medical certificate consists of a detailed appraisal indicating the diagnosis in accordance with the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10) and specifying the degree of severity of the disability. This document must be produced in French, German, Italian or English. C. A copy of the decision made by your school (school-leaving year)/your university or a summary of the disability adjustment measures to which you were entitled during your secondary school years.
- Your application for disability adjustments will be processed first of all by the Head of Studies&Disability who will contact you to arrange an appointment.
- Your application will then be forwarded to the respective Faculty.
- The Faculty will let you know what action will be taken in relation to your application.
We strongly recommend that you submit your disability adjustment application as soon as possible, as processing applications takes several weeks.
Persons and organisations in charge of handling student disability-related issues
The student’s specific needs will be discussed in an interview after reception of the application for disability adjustments. As a general rule, the Head of Studies&Disability will take charge of logistics issues concerning access to university buildings (use of stairlifts and other lifts), lecture theatres, parking spaces and other facilities.
The faculties will decide as to the disability adjustments related to studies and examinations.
The Apartis Foundation for student accommodation is at students’ disposal for all questions concerning lodgings.
(pages in German or French)
Head of Studies&Disability
Av. de l'Europe 20