Swiss-European Mobility Programme Grant for a Traineeship in Europe
If you have found a traineeship in Europe and meet all the conditions set out below, you may be eligible for a grant under the Swiss-European Mobility programme. You can find out about the conditions and procedure to follow below.
- The duration of the traineeship must be between 8 weeks and 12 months with an activity rate of at least 80%.
- The traineeship must take place in a European country
- Any public or private body engaged in an economic activity can host a trainee
- The placement may be taken after you graduate, but must be completed 12 months after graduation at the latest. Note: applications for a SEMP grant must be submitted before you graduate.
- A placement undertaken during your studies must be recognised in the context of your studies (credits, work or acknowledged in the transcript of records, etc.)
- You must be registered at Unifr (Bachelor, Master or doctorate level) at the time you apply for a grant.
- The monthly grant for a traineeship is CHF 440.
- The grant is paid in two parts: 80% at the start of the placement, 20% after completion
- The number of grants per academic year is limited. Requests are treated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Note: a student can obtain an SEMP grant for up to 12 months per level (Bachelor, Master, doctorate). Study and traineeship are added together.
How to apply
- Search for a traineeship (paid or unpaid) in a participating European enterprise.
- Fill in the grant application on your MyUnifr portal and upload your transcript of records for past semesters. Deadline for submission of the application: 1 month before the start of the placement. Applications submitted less than 1 month before the start of the placement are not guaranteed to be processed. If your traineeship takes place after your studies, you have to submit the grant application one month before the end of your studies.
- The International Relations Office (IRO) will inform you about the result of your grant application.It is positive you receive by e-mail the information about the procedure. All further steps take place on your MyUnifr portal, where you can download and upload the different documents.
- Complete the Learning Agreement for Traineeship form with your host enterprise, along with the insurance declaration. Upload them on MyUnifr.
- The IRO will send you your Grant Agreement via MyUnifr.
- Complete the grant agreement and upload it on MyUnifr.
- Payment of the 1st part of the grant.(80%).
- At the end of the placement, have the Certificate of Attendance signed by the enterprise and fill in the Final Report. Upload them on MyUnifr.
- Payment of the 2nd part of the grant (20%).
- Contact your mobility coordinator/academic advisor for the crediting of your traineeship.
- Prepare your stay