Swiss-European Mobility Programme grant for a work experience placement in Europe
If you have found a work experience placement in Europe and meet all the conditions set out below, you may be eligible for a grant under the Swiss-European Mobility programme. You can find out about the conditions and procedure to follow below.
- The duration of the work experience placement must be between 8 weeks and 12 months with an activity rate of at least 80%.
- The work experience placement must take place in a European country
- Any public or private body engaged in an economic activity can host a trainee
- The placement may be taken after you graduate, but must be completed 12 months after graduation at the latest. Note: applications for a SEMP grant must be submitted before you graduate.
- A placement undertaken during your studies must be recognised in the context of your studies (credits, work or acknowledged in the transcript of records, etc.)
- You must be registered at Unifr (Bachelor, Master or doctorate level) at the time you apply for a grant.
- The monthly grant for a work experience placement is CHF 440.
- The grant is paid in two parts: 80% at the start of the placement, 20% after completion
- The number of grants per academic year is limited. Requests are treated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Note: a student can obtain an SEMP grant for up to 12 months per level (Bachelor, Master, doctorate). Study and work experience placements are added together.
How to apply
- Search for a work experience placement (paid or unpaid) in a participating European enterprise.
- Fill in the grant application on your MyUnifr portal and upload your transcript of records for past semesters. Deadline for submission of the application: 1 month before the start of the placement. Applications submitted less than 1 month before the start of the placement are not guaranteed to be processed.
- The International Relations Office (IRO) will confirm that your grant application has been accepted. The procedure to follow and the documents that need to be filled in to receive the grant will be sent to you by email.
- Complete the Learning Agreement for Traineeship form with your host enterprise, along with the insurance declaration. Return these documents, completed and signed, to the IRO.
- The IRO will send you your grant contract.
- Complete the grant contract and return it to the IRO.
- Payment of the 1st part of the grant.
- At the end of the placement, have the certificate of attendance signed by the enterprise and fill in the final report. Submit the two documents to the IRO.
- Payment of the 2nd part of the grant.
- Contact your mobility coordinator/academic advisor.
- Prepare your stay