Scholarship for a Master of China Studies Program at Zhejiang University
Thanks to a partnership between the University of Fribourg (Unifr) and the Zhejiang University in Haining, you have the opportunity to study one academic year in this prestigious Chinese university and participate in the Master of China Studies Program.
The Scholarship includes:
subject to confirmation of financial availability from the Zhejiang University authorities.
- Tuition waiver for the Master of China Studies Program at the Zhejiang University
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China
Diploma and credit recognition at the end of the Program:
- Receive the Master Degree of China Studies according to the conditions imposed by the Zhejiang University.
- Recognition of credits obtained for your Master's degree in Fribourg: please inquire with your faculty.
Conditions (in addition to the basic conditions for an application for an exchange agreement):
- You must have been enrolled for one semester in a Master's program at the University of Fribourg. A copy of proof of your Bachelor's degree must be sent to the International Relations Office.
- Pay your registration fees and be registered in a Master's program at Unifr during the year in China. A copy must be sent to the International Relations Office.
- Have a proven level of English: B2-C1.
- Demonstrate an interest in China.
- The following qualities are highly recommended: flexibility, adaptability and ability to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
Limited number of places. If you have been selected, you must validate this choice.
The International Relations Office will then email you the instructions about your application to Zhejiang University. Please follow the instructions carefully and send your application, within the deadline, to IRO who will send your file to Zhejiang University.
The final selection of successful candidates is the responsibility of the host university.
- Submit your application online to Unifr until: May 17 for the following academic year. The online application on your MyUnifr portal for the selection at the University of Fribourg
- Submit your application online to Zhejiang University until: May 30 for the following academic year, but only after selection of your application by the IRO (this deadline may vary slightly from year to year).
Scholarship for Mexico
The Embassy of Mexico, via the Leading House South America, would like to raise your awareness about the Scholarships Program for Foreigners of the Mexican government. They are offering 4 scholarships to Swiss students.
Application deadline: 27 September 2019
Application online: https://sigca.sre.gob.mx/login
The scholarships are to finance (cf. p.4):
- Graduate programs of four years (Licenciatura), max. 4 years of funding
- Master Programs: max. 2 years of funding
- Specialization: max. 1 year of funding
- Doctorate Programs: max. 3-4 years of funding
- Mobility Programs for undergraduate and master students: 1 school term ( 1 trimester, quadrimester o semester)
- Mobility for Master students, PhD students or postdoc students: at least 1 month
- Medical Specialties and sub-specialties: max. 3 years of funding
Nordmann Scholarship for a placement of 1 or 2 semesters at the Hebraic University of Jerusalem
The Jean and Bluette Nordmann Foundation funds exchanges between the University of Fribourg and the Hebraic University of Jerusalem, which are open to teaching staff, post-doctoral, doctoral and Master's students of all faculties.
Founded in Fribourg in 1990, the foundation aims to promote the knowledge and study of Judaism and Christianity as religions and cultures, help strengthen Judeo-Christian dialogue and Israeli-Swiss relations, and develop scientific and institutional exchanges between Unifr and the Hebraic University of Jerusalem.
Duration of the exchange:
- 1-6 months for teaching staff and post-doctoral or doctoral students
- One semester (or exceptionally, one academic year) for Master's students.
Annual deadline for applications: 31 October by email to the International Relations Office of your home university.
The number of places is limited. The final selection is made by the Jean Nordmann Foundation.
- Rotary Club
- Swiss Study Foundation
- Swiss Association of the Friends of Finland
International Postgraduate Scholarship- Hong-Kong
The Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) offers an International Postgraduate Scholarships (IPS), in which the Scholarships are merit awards for international students who are interested in getting a full-time (1-year) business master’s degree in Hong Kong.
Corvinus Institute for Advanced Studies
The Corvinus Institute for Advanced Studies (CIAS) is pleased to invite applicants for its senior and junior fellowship program for the academic year 2020/21.
CIAS provides research fellowships for scholars with outstanding credentials. The fundamental goal is to create an inspiring and creative intellectual community.
Grants are made to citizens of any countries for a variety of research and educational activities (primarily advanced research and university teaching).
The CIAS awards provide international travel for the grantee to and from the host institution (CIAS) in Budapest, and limited accident and sickness insurance. CIAS fellows receive a stipend provided by CIAS.
Most grants are awarded for a period of one or two semesters (5 or 10 months), and in special circumstances, may be extended for limited periods.
Please find detailed information about the grants and check the online application platform on our website.
The deadline for applications is January 15th 2020.
Scholarships of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research
The Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research will provide scholarships for students, graduates and scientists for the academic year 2020/21.
The scholarships are advertised via Austria’s biggest online database for scholarships and research grants for all academic areas www.grants.at.
Financial support options for students, graduates and researchers range from classical grants and scholarships, allowances and prizes to extensive national, European and international research support programmes.