Scholarship for a Master of China Studies Program at Zhejiang University
Thanks to a partnership between the University of Fribourg (Unifr) and the Zhejiang University in Haining, you have the opportunity to study one academic year in this prestigious Chinese university and participate in the Master of China Studies Program.
The Scholarship includes:
subject to confirmation of financial availability from the Zhejiang University authorities.
- Tuition waiver for the Master of China Studies Program at the Zhejiang University
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China
Diploma and credit recognition at the end of the Program:
- Receive the Master Degree of China Studies according to the conditions imposed by the Zhejiang University.
- Recognition of credits obtained for your Master's degree in Fribourg: please inquire with your faculty.
Conditions (in addition to the basic conditions for an application for an exchange agreement):
- You must have been enrolled for one semester in a Master's program at the University of Fribourg. A copy of proof of your Bachelor's degree must be sent to the International Relations Office.
- Pay your registration fees and be registered in a Master's program at Unifr during the year in China. A copy must be sent to the International Relations Office.
- Have a proven level of English: B2-C1.
- Demonstrate an interest in China.
- The following qualities are highly recommended: flexibility, adaptability and ability to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
Limited number of places. If you have been selected, you must validate this choice.
The International Relations Office will then email you the instructions about your application to Zhejiang University. Please follow the instructions carefully and send your application, within the deadline, to IRO who will send your file to Zhejiang University.
The final selection of successful candidates is the responsibility of the host university.
- Submit your application online to Unifr until: May 17 for the following academic year. The online application on your MyUnifr portal for the selection at the University of Fribourg
- Submit your application online to Zhejiang University until: May 30 for the following academic year, but only after selection of your application by the IRO (this deadline may vary slightly from year to year).