Faculty Faculty of Science and Medicine Domain Computer Science Code IN.7820 Languages English Type of lesson Seminar
Level Master Semester SP-2020
Schedules and rooms
Struct. of the schedule 2h par semaine durant 14 semaines Contact's hours 28
Responsibles Teachers Description The seminar consists in a study related to Interdisciplinary Issues in ICT. It is based on a literature review which results in a synthesis paper respecting the format of a 6 to 8 pages scientific article and a corresponding oral presentation of 10'+5' questions.
Globally, the work can be considered as a first step of a research project, for example as a preliminary study for a PhD research work or any kind of innovative project.
Training objectives The goal of the seminar is namely to learn:
- about a given research topic within the scope of the seminar,
- how to ask research questions on this topic,
- how to search for scientific literature for answering the research questions,
- how to build a scientific article by (1) synthesizing material found in the literature, (2) thinking about open issues, (3) organizing ideas and building a redline (see document "Guidelines for Seminar Work"), (4) writing a paper derived from the redline structure,
- how to make a scientific presentation.
MSc-CS BENEFRI - (Code Ue: 03789 / Track: T0) The exact date and time of this course as well as the complete course list can be found at http://mcs.unibnf.ch/.
Softskills No Off field No BeNeFri Yes Mobility Yes UniPop No
Assessments methods By rating
Valid for the following curricula: Additional Courses in Sciences
Paquet indépendant des branches > Specialized courses in Computer Science (Master level)
MSc in Computer science (BeNeFri)
MSc in Computer science (BeNeFri), lectures, seminars and Master thesis > Specialized courses in Computer Science (Master level)